Reliability of Frequency Division Multiplexer Racks.
- Reliability of ageing Frequency Division Multiplexer (FDM) racks – resulting in service delays
- Customer was looking for assistance in scoping an overhaul programme to provide maximum benefit
Challenges for SET
- Additional float stock was required to support the overhaul
- Equipment contains various obsolete and custom components
- Safety case was complex for fit form and function replacement
- 3 parties involved in the overhaul
- Technical report based on analysis of the design and historical repair data.
- Several costed options offered, along with rationale for each
- SET’s proposal selected
- New design was independently audited and approved by SNC Lavalin