No failures have been reported to SET since the overhaul was completed in August 2016.
- Failing relays on brake blender and other interface panels resulting in service interruptions
Challenges for SET
- Rapid turn around required to fi t with vehicle access periods.
- Ensuring quality of overhaul on boards that had previously been heavily reworked
- Sourcing of custom parts
In order to meet customer’s combined requirements of speed and quality SET adopted the following strategy:
■ SET engineer stationed at customer’s service depot to enable overhaul to be carried out on-site to eliminate transport delays
■ Custom test equipment created to ensure fully functional units were returned to customer, including functional areas not affected by the component replacements
- Process ran smoothly and effi ciently
- No failures have been reported to SET since the overhaul was completed in August 2016