Successfully achieve performance specified by customer
- A batch of new catering ovens was unable to be deployed because they needed a modification. that was no longer available. This was hampering improvements in service levels. The problem addressed by the modifi cation wathat cooking cycles of microwave catering ovens were being interrupted by power supply drop outs causing the programmer to be reset. This had resulted in catering delays and wasted food.
Challenges for SET
- No documentation available regarding the modification
- Sample microwave reverse engineered to produce schematics and to understand the interface and interaction with the programmer
- PCBs and assemblies created
- Comprehensive modifi cation procedure defined to ensure that electrical and microwave safety were not compromised by the modification, as well as ensuring that the desired interrupt rejection was achieved
- One unit was modified and the process was verified
- All units have been successfully upgraded to achieve the performance specifi ed by the customer.