SET Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains in detail the types of personal data (“information”) we collect about you when you interact with us through our website www.set-gb.com. It also sets out the basis on which we process the information which you provide to us, or we collect from you.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we handle your information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”), the data controller is SET Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 3571564 and we have our registered office at Atlas Works, Litchurch Lane, Derby DE24 8AQ, England which is also our main trading address.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to this statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by email. Please ensure to check this page to view any updates or changes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.set-gb.com ("our website") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, such as email alerts or when you leave us feedback and or report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page: and
- Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
When you visit our website, we will collect information from you via cookies, text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device. Our cookies are used to recognise a visitor’s device and save preferences, enable efficient navigation between our webpages and allow us to compile statistical data on visitor’s use of our site in order to improve our websites performance.
How we use your personal information and marketing
We will only use the information we collect about you through our website in the ways outlined here.
We will use the information you give us to:
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we or they will contact you by electronic means. We will only use your personal data in this way if you consent to it by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We will use the information we collect about you to:
- Manage our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website to ensure that content is well presented for you and for your computer;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We may combine the information about you which we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you, for the same purposes set out above. Where you have consented, we will send you marketing information regarding our products and services.
Our lawful bases for processing your information
We will only process your data in line with data protection legislation. For residents of the EU, our bases for lawful processing under the GDPR are:
In specific situations, we will collect and process your information with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to subscribe to email newsletters.
We will always make it clear to you what you are consenting to and what information is necessary for which services.
In certain circumstances, we need your information to carry out our contractual obligations.
For example, if you commission of request a quote for products or services, we will use your personal data to compile the quote and fulfil or commence the contract.
If we are required to by law, we may need to collect and process your information.
For example, we pass on the details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting SET Limited to the relevant authorities.
In specific situations, we require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which you might reasonably expect as part of running our business and operating our website, and which will not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
For example, if you are an existing client, we may use your browsing history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We may also combine the browsing history of many users to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products and services.
How long we keep your information
Whenever we collect your information, we will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your information will either be deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
How we share your information
Where there is a lawful basis, we may share your information with other select third parties, such as:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- Analytics providers and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and the running of our business.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If SET Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Transfers and security
We may be required to transfer your information to other countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In these cases, we will ensure our actions comply with the data security standards set out in the GDPR. We will also take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is stored securely and is not passed on or sold to a third party for marketing purposes.
Where the information which we collect from you is transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA, it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features, in line with the standards set out in the GDPR, to try to prevent unauthorised access.
On occasion, links to third party sites may be posted on this website. We are not responsible for the content of websites which are outside of our control, and they are not covered by this Privacy Statement. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
You have a range of rights over your information and we will endeavor to respect any requests exercise them.
You may request access to the information we hold about you and we must provide it free of charge unless we deem the request to be unfounded or excessive. In this event, we will explain why we have decided not to action your request.
You may request that we correct the information we hold on you when it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
You may request that we destroy or delete the information we hold on you when it is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected it for.
You may request that we stop processing your information when you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of the processing.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your information, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent.
In cases where we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We will do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your information.
You have the right to stop our use of your information for direct marketing activities through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication we send to you to notify us that you would like us to stop any further emails.
Submitting a request
You can request to exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at:
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by going online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
In the event that you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or privacy information requests, please email:
If you have any questions regarding SET Limited, our products & services or general enquiries, please email: .
SET Limited provides access to and the use of the Website (www.set-gb.com) (the "Website") subject to the following Terms. Your Acceptance of these Terms
Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all the terms and conditions contained in this document (the "Terms"). If you do not agree with the Terms of this document either in full or in part, you should cease using the Website immediately.
Other Applicable Terms
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Website:
By using the Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.